Opened as recently as 2001, Limerick Racecourse is situated just outside the city. The racecourse is in use all year round but is best known for its summer evening meetings which feature live music after racing and the annual four-day Christmas festival which runs from St. Stephen’s Day featuring the Faugheen Grade 1 Novice Chase.
Its biggest ‘stand-alone’ meeting is the Munster National Day in mid-October which features the €100,000 Munster National Handicap Chase. On the Flat, the Listed Martin Molony Stakes in June is the most valuable race.
It is a modern and vibrant course, with fantastic facilities, worthy of staging top class racing. A regular haunt for stag & hen dos, Limerick also hosts an increasingly popular “student race night”, which has been packed to the rafters for the last couple of years.
The facility also stages commercial and diverse non-racing activities across its 220-acre site.
Reporting to the Chairman and Board of Directors of Greenmont Racing, the purpose of the role is to maximise the profit and return on investment of Greenmount.
- To generate sponsorship and manage the sales and marketing for the Racecourse
- To manage all PR and Communications and to manage all key relationships with external stakeholders
- To deliver in line with strict financial targets and ensure that financial reports are accurate and timely
- To lead and develop a team of seven including a Financial Controller, Sales and Marketing Manager, Office Manager, Grounds Supervisor and Track Maintenance staff.
- To manage all racing and non-racing operations including facilities management, health and safety and security
- To manage all Human Resources issues and administration
- The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in delivering commercial success in a significant leisure or
- related business
- Strong leadership and people management skills covering Finance, HR,
- Operations and Commercial
- Excellent sales, marketing, and customer service experience
- A track record of innovation and drive to achieve results
- Strong public relations and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience dealing with external stakeholders.
Boyden is a global leader in the executive search industry with more than 60 offices in over 40 countries. Founded in 1946, Boyden specializes in high level executive search, Interim Management and Human Capital consulting across a broad spectrum of industries.
For more information, please visit www.boyden.com
For further discussion or comments please contact:
Maurice Carr, Partner, Ireland, + 353 (87) 235 6564; firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Roberts Power, Operations and Delivery Director, Ireland +44 7706 350320 Linda.email@example.com