The Academic Administration office in Shannon College of Hotel Management is responsible for the creation and maintenance of student academic records and can assist you with any questions you might have relating to your studies in Shannon.

The most common queries received are dealt with >> HERE.

Shannon College offers 3 different on campus MSc programmes with a September intake.

For full details, please >> click here.

Swiss Pension

When you reach retirement age, complete the forms for whichever tax country you are in and you will then be contacted by the Swiss pension section.

The pension age in Switzerland is 64 for women and 65 for men.

They will send you on forms for completion and you need to include:

– The dates you worked in Switzerland.
– Name of Business where you worked.
– Where you lived (the college does not have this information on file).

It can be quite admin heavy so be prepared. However, in Switzerland, the pension age is 64 so you might get a small back payment to start you off!

The details are:
Département fédéral des Finances DFF,
Caisse suisse de compensation CSC
Av. Edmond -Vaucher 18,
Case Postale 3100,
1211 Geneve 2,

Tel: +41 58 461 91 11

Irish State Pension

Due to the nature of the course in Shannon, our alumni will have have worked in many different countries before retiring.

I received the following useful information from a retired graduate who suggested it would be of benefit to others:

In order to qualify for a standard rate Irish State Pension (Contributory) at age 66 a person must have:

  1. entered into insurable employment before age 56
  2. at least 520 full rate employment / self-employment contributions paid
  3. a yearly average of at least 10 full rate contributions paid and/or credited from date of entry into insurance to the end of the last full contribution year before reaching age 66.

If a person does not have sufficient Irish contributions they may still be entitled to a pro rata pension based on a combination of Irish contributions and social insurance covered by EU regulations (like UK) or with another country with which Ireland has a Bilateral Social Security Agreement. Persons apply for Irish pension via their country of residence.

Under EU Regulations a person is obliged to apply for his/her pension through the Social Security Institution of the Country where he/she is resident.

Questions about your eligibility for the Irish State Pension (Contributory) can be addressed to:

Department of Social Protection
Social Welfare Services
College Road

Tel: +353 (0)71 915 7100
Locall (within Ireland) : 1890 500 000

For residents of the United Kingdom, apply to:

Department of Work and Pensions,
Pensions & Overseas Directorate,
Tyneview Park, Whitley Rd,
Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE98 1BA

Hopefully this will be of help to some alumni and many thanks to the graduate who passed it onto me.

UK Pension

If you have worked in the UK for more than 3 years you may qualify for a UK pension.  Further information is available >> HERE.

There are a number of Chapters around the world who regularly meetup. Contacts you make here can be invaluable both personally and professionally.

Link to Alumni Events is >> here.

Privacy Statement | Legal Information

©2024 Shannon College Alumni. All Rights Reserved. Website Design & Development:


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?