Master Innholders have announced six new hotel management professionals as members.
Every year the Master Innholders encourages forward-thinking hoteliers with a drive to inspire the next generation of hotel professionals, to join its esteemed organisation. The Master Innholders is known for educating, setting standards, generating industry debates and identifying key trends. Its extremely well-attended annual Hotel General Managers’ Conference always covers a diverse range of topics and many young professionals aspire to participate in the Master Innholders educational programmes.
The new 2018 Master Innholders:
- Justin Baird-Murray, Managing Director, The Metropole Hotel & Spa – Powys
- Sally Beck, General Manager, Royal Lancaster London Hotel
- David Connell, General Manager, South Lodge Hotel – West Sussex
- Rob Flinter, General Manager, Park Plaza London Riverbank
- Andrew Foulkes, Hotel General Manager, Emily Estate and Hadspen House –currently under development – Somerset
- Peter Walker, General Manager, Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course – Aberdeenshire
The appointment of the newest members follows a demanding application process, including a 1500-word paper and panel interview, where applicants are encouraged to express their personal philosophy and opinions, describe their management style and provide evidence of active involvement in industry organisations. Achieving Master Innholder status showcases the dedication of the individual to uphold the highest standards of management and operation, while giving back to the industry.
Commenting on the newest members, Chairman of the Master Innholders and General Manager of Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, Stuart Bowery FIH MI said: “I’m delighted to welcome our new Master Innholders in our anniversary year. It’s wonderful to see that we are attracting more members from outside of London and the south-east, including Aberdeenshire and Powys.”